Parle Products Pvt. Ltd., hereinafter referred to as ‘Parle’ ‘(the "Sponsor") is offering the ‘Genius Chef’ Contest for the customers who intends to participate in this contest, hereinafter referred to as ‘Participant’. The Contest will begin on 9th April 2018 at 00:00:01 (IST) and ends on 31st May 2018 at 23:59:59 (IST) (the Contest Period). Parle will determine winners and award prizes based upon the decisions in-house judging panel.
- Participant must have Internet access and a valid e-mail id in order to participate in this contest.
- The Contest is open to all individuals who are legal residents of India and have completed eighteen (18) years of age and/or have reached the age of majority at the time of participation.
- Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its advertising, promotional, fulfilment and marketing agencies (collectively the "Program Entities"), their immediate families (parent, grandparent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations are separately and individually applicable to the Contest.
Creating and Entering your Submission(s):
- Entries are to be made on the Parle-G website at parleg.in. Participant will be required to create and submit a unique recipe.
- Recipes must include Parle-G biscuits.
- Participant shall complete the registration form as the details asked, follow the prompts to upload the recipe.
- Participant shall have limit of one (1) Submission /entry of recipe per person per day; a day ("day") is defined at the twenty-four (24) hour period beginning at 00:00:01 AM IST and ending at 11:59:59 PM IST.
- Each entry that Participant will submit must feature unique and different content from any of the other Submissions of the same Participant.
- By entering the Submission Participant(s) are licensing the rights and waiving moral rights to use Participant(s) submission to and in favour of the Sponsor for advertising and promotion of its products and/or its company in any media now known or hereinafter developed in perpetuity in exchange for no compensation of any kind to the Participant and/or its any relative or its claimants.
- Kindly note:
- The recipe may be posted on a public website(s) for public viewing during and/or after the Overall Promotion Period. Participant’s Submission should comply with the following:
- The recipe must be unique and may not infringe on any licensing or copyright laws.
- The recipe must include Parle-G biscuits in Participant’s recipe.
- Do NOT include any personally identifiable information in the Submission or the optional caption; i.e. name, contact details, address, location, etc. Parle/ Sponsor are not responsible to keep them secret on public domain as it is available to all public viewers.
- Do not include images of any object, location or building with brand names or logos, other than the Parle-G brand name or logo. (If the Submission includes logos or branded images, Sponsor has the right to remove the infringing image(s) or to disqualify the Submission of Participant.)
- Participant Submission must be:
- Created by own, be totally original and cannot be previously published or appear anywhere else. Submission cannot contain any third party copyright protected material (including but not limited to logos, artwork or locations etc.) or otherwise infringe on the intellectual, property or other rights of a third party;
- suitable for general audiences (i.e., may not be political, discriminatory, religious or obscene or indecent, including but not limited to nudity, pornography, violent or profane depictions);
- Submission should not depict or in any way violate any law or regulation.
- Submission should not depict the Promotion Entities negatively.
- Sponsor’s Role:
- In Sponsor's sole opinion, Submissions which do not meet any of the requirements and/or which Sponsor deems negative, offensive or controversial in any way will be disqualified and removed from public view.
- If Sponsor is duly notified that any element of an entrant's Submission infringes upon the rights of another person and/or receives a legally valid request to remove or invalidate the affected Submission because of such infringement, such Submission may be removed and disqualified from the Promotion, as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion.
- No entrant will be eligible to receive a prize unless Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion that such entrant's Submission has been or can be sufficiently cleared for legal purposes and such entrant has complied with the terms of these Official Terms and Conditions.
- Sponsor Judging to Determine Winners:
During the Judging Period, Submissions will be reviewed by a panel selected by the Sponsor ("Judging Panel") and will be judged and weighted according to the following criteria:
- Use of Parle-G biscuit – 25%,
- Creativity/Originality – 25%,
- Feasibility – 25%, and
- Flavor/Overall Appeal of Recipe – 25%.
The decisions of the Judging Panel will determine First Prize winners each week and one Grand Prize winner each week. No individual will be eligible to win more than one prize per week. No individual will be eligible to win the same prize twice. The decisions of the Judging Panel are final.
- Prize, Data Collection and Winner Confirmation:
- There are no prize substitutions or options available. No prize recipient shall be permitted to replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item or redeem his/her prize or any portion of the prize for cash. Promotion Entities reserve the right, exercisable at any time in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value. Any costs associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, is the winner's sole responsibility. Kindly explain
- The potential Grand Winners will be contacted within two (2) business days of the conclusion of the Sponsor's Judging Period by the e-mail address associated with the Participant entry ("Prize Notification"). When the winners receive their Prize Notification, they will be required to respond within five (5) days with confirmation of prize acceptance and an address for the purposes of prize fulfilment.
- Failure on the part of any potential winner to comply with any of these provisions will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize. Return of Prize Notification or prize as undeliverable for any reason will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize. Any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
- Sponsors right to use the work and information about Participant:
- It is represent and warrant that Participant’s Submission is its wholly original work and not previously published one, and does not incorporate or include anything that is owned by any third party or would require the consent of any third party. Submission does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right or any other right of any third party;
- Participant shall agree with all terms and conditions as set forth in these Terms and Conditions;
- Sponsor’s have the express permission of any individual appearing in Participant’s Submission, the right to use their image and if requested by the Sponsor can provide written proof of such;
- the Sponsor can grant automatically to an exclusive, world-wide, royalty free, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute and display your Submission;
- Participant agree that upon selection as a winner of any prize, Participant agree that its Submission shall legally be considered a "work made for hire," with all rights therein, including, without limitation, the exclusive copyright, transferred to and being the property of the Sponsor;
- Participant agree that upon selection as a winner of any prize, in the event Participant’s Entry is considered not to be a "work made for hire," Participant irrevocably assign to the Sponsor all right, title, and interest in and to its Submission (including, without limitation, the copyright) in any and all media whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, anywhere in the world, with the right to make any and all uses thereof, including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising or trade;
- Participant agree to waive all moral rights in the Submission and
- Participant agree that by submitting an entry, it grant to the Sponsor the right to sell and otherwise distribute the Submission on any of its websites or in any of its advertising and/or products without any compensation to the Participant.
- By submitting an Entry, Participant grant to the Sponsor and its affiliated companies the right, except where prohibited by law, to use the information as provided viz; its name, likeness, picture, address (city and state), voice, biographical information, for advertising and promotional purposes of Parle/ Sponsor in promoting or publicizing the Sponsor, its products or services, in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, notification or permission unless required by law. Participant shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of your name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), e-mail address, biographical information, or entry. The rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to the Sponsor, its affiliated companies with respect to all entrants in the Promotion, including non-winners and winners. The Sponsor however, does not have any obligation to use the winning or non-winning Entries for any purpose.
- In General:
All entries become the property of the Sponsor. Entrants/ Participants agree that the decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, with respect to all aspects of the Promotion. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Official Rules, the decision or interpretation of the Sponsor shall prevail. There are no prize substitutions or options available. No prize recipient shall be permitted to replace its designated prize with another prize or item, transfer any prize or redeem its prize or any portion of the prize for cash.
All entrants agree to comply fully with each provision in these Official Rules. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, including without limitation with respect to any third party website or service, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter the Promotion, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer, phone/device relating to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Promotion should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. In such case, Sponsor may determine the winners (based on the Judging process in #4 above) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Release of Liability and Issues of Law:
By participating Participant release the Sponsor, its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all Promotion Entities associated with the development and execution of this Promotion and their respective employees, officers, directors and shareholders ("Released Parties") from any and all liability with respect to and in any way arising from participating in this Promotion, acceptance or use of prizes.
Participants also agree that the Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to a registrant's or third person's computer or phone/device, related to or resulting from the Promotion, the Registrations, publishing of Winners and/or its prizes.
Released Parties are not liable for damage to a user's computer system or phone/device (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction) due, either directly or indirectly, to an entrant's participation in the Promotion or downloading of information in connection with the Promotion.
Entrants agree that Released Parties shall not be liable for personal injuries, death, damages, expenses or costs or losses of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in this Promotion or parts thereof or acceptance of, use of or inability to use a prize or parts thereof including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light (whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Prize winners agree to release the Releases from any and all liability and responsibility with respect to the prize (including any property loss, damage, personal injury or death). Prize winners acknowledge the aforementioned individuals and entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, related to the prize.
Released Parties shall not be liable to a winner or any other person for failure to supply a prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Released Parties' sole control.
All State, provincial and local laws and regulations are applicable. The Promotion is void where restricted or prohibited by law.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
For any suit or legal proceeding arising out of this agreement only the courts at Mumbai shall be the courts having jurisdiction to entertain and try the same.
- Information about the Winners:
Winners will be announced as per above schedule.
Any questions or comments regarding this Promotion should be directed to Parle-G, via social media only.